Friday, July 28, 2017

July 28

Pretty sure that was a great blue heron that just took off from the pond but it was bigger than any I've seen before! Wow.

Started 30-day yoga challenge and remember why I miss it... already feeling better in body and calmer in mind.

Realized there are fewer than 30 days until I'm home.

Went for a walk and explored the east pasture 'til I overheated, which wasn't long, but long enough to listen to part 2 of the Freakonomics podcast "Why Hate the Koch Brothers?" which made my brain hurt in a good way. Highly recommend it. Continued my lesson about the importance of critically questioning media input.

Fed the horses and the goats. Got jumped by large muddy dogs. Dispensed affection and pets to all the above. 

Bumped into Chuck and Clea (she got a bath last night) and made plans to grill down here tomorrow night. Saturday night date! Chuck said he's going to his sister's house tonight but someone... her brother-in-law maybe?... had a heart attack recently so they might need to go to the hospital. I said "Hope he recovers soon" and Chuck responded "Well, he's 90, they put in a stent and he got through the surgery okay, he'll be fine."

Fed the chickens chilled cucumber and strawberries in their yard. Began to suspect that they're intentionally coming to the porch to poop.

Yesterday at the HEB I overheard the man in line behind me respond to the cashier's "How are you?" with "Having the time of my life, as usual, how 'bout you?"

Having the time of my life, as usual. Is there any other time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...