Sunday, August 13, 2017

August 13 - Thistle

Here is Wilbur. I'm taking care of him while the Wickanders are out of town. And my buddy Clea.

  

Made salmon, green beans, and mashed potatoes (equal parts baked potato, heavy whipping cream, and butter, yerm) for Chuck here at the house, with fresh-out-of-oven homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert. He's promised smoked ribs and squash if I make twice-baked potatoes with the leftovers.

He finally got his squirrel, explaining the pistol shots I heard today, and also explained why I was hearing gunshots all afternoon yesterday; the dogs were harassing a calf that got separated from the herd. The dogs are gun-shy, so he was shooting up in the air to scare them off.

Clea got her own piece of salmon. Chickens got chilled meaty watermelon rinds. Mosquitos got my feet, per usual.

Countdown is getting real. After tonight, only four days and four nights 'til Josephine and I are on the road again.

Here's today's painting...

"Thistle"
5' x 3' acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...