Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23

Wow, exciting day!

Michael was here early this morning to drop off goat feed and pick up eggs; we had a fun and illuminating conversation about TX/CA stereotypes.

Went to the store. People smile at me more often when I'm wearing my new hat. Even got a compliment from a cute teenage girl.

Randy was here when I got home and with heroic effort got the air conditioner up and running again. Thank you!!!

Just as we finished with the AC Chuck arrived so we sat around the table for a while talking about goats. And goat nuts. I asked Chuck why Michael got a billy and he laughed and said "'Cause he's a novice." (For the curious: keeping the bloodline diverse.) I do so enjoy Chuck's sense of humor. 

When Randy left Chuck and I searched the property for scorpion poison and finally found it in the last place we looked (which was the first place I looked, but apparently I didn't know what I was looking for).

Five minutes after Chuck left, a tremendous storm rolled in. I am not exaggerating, I don't think I've ever in my life heard thunder this loud. Lightning bolts in a darkened sky, trees blowing in the wind, torrential rain. Glad.

And it's only 3:30!

July 23, later

Storm update:

Still going. Thunder and lightning overlapping, thunder loud as dickens. Frogs hopping onto porch. Geese impervious. Josephine under the bed.

Pretty sure I've never experienced this even in MT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...