Saturday, July 22, 2017

July 22

AC unit started dripping today. Texted K for instructions. Standing on a chair, pulled out filters and vacuumed them and put them back in. Still dripping.

Called Carrie. "You have a package down here anyway, why don't you come hang out until Paul gets home and then he'll have a look."

Couple of extra minutes getting to the Wickander's because goats blocked the road and surrounded the truck. (Sorry to go here, but goats' testicles are shockingly big.)

Glass of wine and showing of quilts - she really does beautiful artistic work, and her enthusiasm is inspiring. Opened package from StitchFix and admired new outfits (yay, box of new things!).

Paul says the AC needs to be off overnight so built-up ice can melt. Fortunately it shouldn't take more than overnight because it's freaking hot, and getting steadily hotter in the house. Also fortunate, there's a window unit in the bedroom. We won't cook.

As I'm leaving Paul quips "Drive safe, it's a long way." I like those two a lot.

* * *

On the phone with my mom and whispering because I'm sneaking up on an animal that turns out to be a skunk. Me: Excited that I've gotten like 10' away. Mom: "ANI. TURN AROUND. WALK AWAY FROM THE SKUNK."

When it's your Mom, you hear the all caps.

There is a lot of stuff happening with people who represent home to me and I want to be there. Best I can do is send love from Texas. Since everything is bigger in Texas, hoping my love is amplified loud enough for you to feel it in your foot-bones.

* * *

Just reached that yes everything is going to be okay place. There's an armadillo on the lawn, and a cat sleeping curled up next to me; earlier on FT with Matt there was a giant beetle on my sleeve that made me shriek and giggle, I'm up way too late but it doesn't matter. Every moment counts. I've lived a rich life and expect that to continue.

Gah it's so hard to go to bed around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...