Saturday, June 3, 2017

Art and idyll


First Friday Art Walk in Fredericksburg was a hoot. There are a LOT of galleries, quite a few people with plastic wine cups in hand, and a fair number of red dots next to paintings. I didn't see much abstract art, mostly landscapes and livestock.


This woman was giddily happy about this painting that her husband bought her for her birthday. It was heartwarming. ($11,200!!!)

The art was mostly really impressive, and I had fun with Randy and Carrie. They left an impression that there will be plenty of social opportunities while I'm here.

Before I left I collected eggs from the henhouse. The girls all lay their eggs in one box, which seems odd but maybe it's not?




The drive home at twilight was beautiful, green pastures and big puffy thunder clouds and lambs everywhere. I stopped to let a trio of wild turkeys cross the road while a family of deer ran by, white tails flagging, and said goodnight to the horses, and watched fireflies from the patio with a glass of wine.

Today I've spent painting, and battling Blogger on the iPad because my laptop died a few days ago. Bleah. Painting is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...