Friday, August 4, 2017

August 4

This morning discovered a bat on the kitchen floor. Must have flown in when I opened the door to come inside last night. Poor thing barely moved when I picked it up with a towel and put it in a cardboard box. It's in the laundry room where it's darkish. Hope it recovers by twilight but suspect that I've just given it a relatively comfortable place to expire.

It's made it hard to get started on the day.

* * *

The bat has crossed the rainbow bridge. RIP, tiny vector.

Drove into town today for ice, Tito's, and goat food; Lochte Feed doesn't carry Purina Noble Goat so mission was only partially accomplished. Stopped on the way out to feed the goats and give the dogs some love.

Out here, one tries to combine all errands into one trip. Sometimes a girl forgets the trash (never leave shrimp shells overnight, yuck) and the remainder of coconut cream pie that she's promised to deliver to neighbors.

So, turned around after dropping off groceries and delivered pie to the Wickander's, which was great fun. Had a couple of glasses of wine and good conversation. I really like them (have I said that already?).

Home for a few minutes and Chuck comes down with the trap... ugh. Ranch life. He checked that I'd locked the chickens down (never again failing to lock the chickens down). We had a short conversation about what time he might be available in the morning to come back and shoot whatever's in the trap (if you're following, it will be a rangy raccoon).

Big day.

Probably the most important part of it though was photographing the paintings that I like so far... 10... looking at them as a series, and considering a wider view than "I hope I can paint something I like today."  I'm not practiced at a longer view and am thankful for the suggestion to gain perspective. 

Whew. This year has been a learning curve like no other. Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...