Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 20 - Littlefield, TX to Kingman, AZ

Easy, short, stress-free and beautiful drive today through Flagstaff to Kingman, AZ. Welcome 180 from yesterday, especially since Josephine was sacked out through most of it.

We were chasing electrical storms all day, enjoying the light show (I was, anyway) and avoiding all but a brief minor downpour, but now something wild has found us, black thunderheads and thrashing wind.

The paintings are double-tarped but at Matt's urging I went to the front desk to ask if I could park under the overhang (the only covered parking anywhere) and she very kindly agreed that I could, if it started raining. I moved it when the first drops hit, and by the time I had parked, rain was coming down in buckets. Front desk says it's a monsoon and will likely rain 3-4 inches. Glad I listened. Ahem.

When I went in to thank them again, and told them that I was going to write the nicest review ever and put it on social media, they thanked me and offered me cookies. I explained about the paintings and the 14 weeks of work and said the overhang was more than enough.

Kingman Best Western, if you're ever passing through. They'll get a terrific review from me. And maybe a postcard for the hypothetical show.

Also, where Gideon's Bible usually is, there is "The Teachings of Buddha" which made me smile.

(Later...)

A little belated Caturday for your Sunday GoT (yes, i did put the ottoman on the table so she could get on top of the armoire)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...