Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 15 - Gravity

Chuck's opinion on best place to get oil changed before the drive home was Walmart, so that's where I spent an hour and a half of my life today. Truck is serviced and ready to go.

Dropped recycling off at recycling center while in town. Cute young man working there saw the gash in the truck and said "Wow! What happened, did a dinosaur bite your truck?" I was happy to tell him the story, and he was happily impressed.

On the way home found Clea by the Wickander's where I went to look for Wilbur and gave her a ride back to the goats, where I found Wilbur. Got mobbed by Max, Sky, and Smiley when I cracked the fence to move the goat food tubs and a dog party ensued (which may have cleansed my soul of Walmart). Got the big dogs back inside the fence, gave Wilbur a lift home and fed him, and ran across Chuck driving a (surely) WWII era dump truck across the pasture with Clea running behind.

Going to be a bit of a shock to be back in the Bay Area, especially with two planned alt-asshole demonstrations (of assholery) the weekend after I get home.

[Here is a picture of the "dinosaur bite" in my truck]


Today's painting
"Gravity"
5' x 3' acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...