Thursday, August 10, 2017

August 10 - Windows

I love going to the feed store. When I went today to get goat supplement an Ottmers cousin was working and we had a nice chat.

On the way home:

- Perfectly sunny on Ranch Road 1631 and also pouring rain
- A fox! On Ottmers Road
- Fed and curried the horses, who'd been rolling in mud
-  Found Clea down by the horses and dropped the tailgate to give her a lift back to Chuck's 
- Texas road block (goats)
- Fed the other goats and said hi to dogs

Chuck drove down while I was carrying groceries from the car to pick up the trap because he's got a squirrel eating Clea's food and peeing in her dish- I said "I thought you shot that one" and he replied "Well I shot a couple."*

Invited for dinner at Carrie's tonight; their son is visiting from college. Looking forward to it.

* I report these conversations with Chuck because they're so unlike conversations I'd have in the Bay Area. I sincerely hope they don't come off as disrespectful; I have upmost respect for Chuck, his awesome family, and what they've built here.

The Wikander family (I love these people)

  

Painting #4
"Windows"
3' x 5' acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...