Saturday, June 10, 2017

June 10

Big day!

I didn't put the hook on the door to the chicken coop last night, it blew open, and one of the girls was dispatched (feathers everywhere, no sign of body) :-(

Rode the gelding bareback around the pasture a little and worked the mare in the round pen

Painted for a few hours instead of taking a nap

Stopped in at Chuck's to tell him about the chicken and got a newspaper with all the local (totally relative) places to hear live music and hand-drawn maps to get to each

Found the dumpster! Only took me a week

Chuck came up to set a trap for the presumed perpetrator of the chicken dispatch and asked if I had found Jeffrey's gun yet but when I said I'd never even handled a gun before he helpfully offered to come shoot whatever is in there in the morning (obviously given my affection for raccoons this will be a difficult one but #ranchlife and that was a big chicken)

Then we spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the lawnmower wouldn't start - interrupted by Chuck needing to look in on a goat that had had triplets - and I am finally in the lawn mowing business

That's a lot of excitement for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...