Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 3


First day up at 6:30 am to feed the chickens and geese. It drizzled overnight; the grass is wet, and the low clouds mute the burbling of the hens. No eggs this morning.

The goat herd (and Molly the ancient burro) were at the goose pond this morning and the goat that was on the wrong side of the fence yesterday finally jumped the fence to rejoin them, getting stuck momentarily in the barbed wire but clearing it before I had made it across the backyard to help.

The summer is going to fly by. Right now I'm distracted by what's happening at home and whether I have a good reason (or really any reason) to go into town, but once I settle in and start painting I think it will be easier to be present and tap in to that obsessive creative vein. The minimal human interaction I anticipate during the weeks between Katherine and Aven leaving and Matt's visit means that I get to daydream the days away, and that should make for good paintings.

Meantime I'm sketching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

August 22- Home!

We're home!    1,730 miles. Josephine is so happy to be back at Danya's house where it's familiar. What a relief, especially aft...